HONEY-HABANERO CHICKEN CRISPER TACOS
This is a quick and fun recipe to combine our habanero corn tortillas and honey. A little bit spicy, a little bit sweet, something the entire familia will love to eat!
2/3 cup Tortilla Familia Honey
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon white vinegar
½ teaspoon ground habanero
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 to 10 cups shortening or vegetable oil (in a fryer or Dutch oven)
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup chicken broth (Swanson)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
10 to 12 chicken tenderloins
Tortilla Familia Habanero Chile Corn Tortillas
- First, let’s make the honey habanero sauce by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan at medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Next, heat the shortening or oil in the fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the batter, excluding flour, in a shallow bowl. Continue whisking for about 30 seconds to dissolve salt. Whisk in flour.
- Make the breading by combining all ingredients in another shallow bowl or a pie pan.
- When you are ready to fry the chicken, dip each piece of chicken into the batter. Lift the chicken out of the batter and let some of the batter drip off, then toss the chicken into the dry breading. Completely coat the chicken with breading and let it sit for a bit in the breading while you batter and bread 2 or 3 more pieces. Carefully drop the breaded chicken into the hot oil and fry for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the hot oil onto paper towels while you fry the remaining pieces.
- When all the chicken is done, drop it into a large glass or metal bowl, pour the sauce over the top, and toss gently until all the chicken is coated with sauce.
- Add 1 tsp of oil to a pan or comal and warm up your Tortilla Familia Habanero Chile Corn tortillas. Add all ingredients inside and you got a Honey Habanero Chicken Crisper Taco!